Adriana and Isabel met
underneath the mango tree, as they had planned. They brought
with them some toy tools. A hammer, a handsaw and a pair of
-Let's go to work! - Adriana said, and began to strike the
trunk of the mango tree as if she were nailing. Isabel
started to play like if she were sawing one of the
- Help! Please help! Somebody is knocking down my house!
Help! please help! -someone said
Adriana and Isabel both stopped playing. They watched with
awe a small cricket that gestured while yelling and crying
Недорого купить диплом вуза любого образца на оригинальном бланке ГОЗНАК с доставкой в любой регион только на нашем сайте.
- A Cricket that speaks! - Isabel exclaimed.
- Of course I can speak! I can speak and sing and jump, as I
please, but that is no reason for knocking down my house.
-The cricket said.
- I am sorry Mr. Cricket! We were just playing carpenters!
These tools are not real; they are toy tools made of
plastic. - Adriana argued.
- That's true. This handsaw is a toy. It's not for cutting
wood. It just makes noise - Isabel added.
- But, the blows of the hammer and the rattled of the
handsaw are real; and they scare me. They scare me a lot. I
thought the story was going to be repeated. -The cricket
What story? - Both girls asked at the same time.
- I was living next to a creek, in a place surrounded by
flowers and leafy trees. Then